Thursday, December 5, 2013

1. Legal Authority

       1. Legal Authority: How I made contact, found this person and why they are a good choice.
        “Lawyers have a different perspective—their primary goal is to protect their clients by avoiding litigation, now and in the future. For this reason, lawyers are trained to be pessimists—they try to foresee and protect against everything that can possibly go wrong.”(Samuelson, Page 2018) I thought at first, interview a lawyer! How can I find one not busy enough to answer a few questions, moreover, someone who’s not going to charge me? It has to be done. At first I was dreading the time I looked for a long list of lawyers in Vegas. I was to look for not just ten questions but also ten lawyers for my business class. My teacher said not to overthink it. He assured us that there are a lot of Las Vegas lawyers, so all we had to do is start calling. One we get the one who is available, the questions will be easy to ask. I didn’t think the lawyers would be up to meeting me less I really have some business going. It then came to me that I’m sure we have good lawyers in church. It would be easier to talk with a church member since we already have something in common and well they’re nice people. Our ward missionary leader at church, Brother Martell has his own business and I’m sure he should at least know a few lawyers. It would definitely be better if they were church members so it’s easier to communicate. Since my calling is also a ward missionary it was easy for me to ask Brother Martell for any contacts. Brother Martell knew two attorneys in my ward and lastly he thought of recommending Kaleb Anderson. Anderson is in his homeward in church. They are good friends so it was amazing that he immediately knew to contact him. I got his number and Bro. Martell let him know I am to call him the next week after I get my questions down. I found most of the questions on-line and of course relating to photography. I typed up, “legal questions for photography.” It took me around an hour to find decent ones and some even a little humorous. The next week came and once I got my questions ready, I called him Friday the 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment